Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that I came across was Italian Fairy Tales. The topic of fairy tales is familiar. I used to have the Brothers Grimm stories book until a dog ate it. I was unaware of any of the Italian fairy tales. The title did a great job of informing me about what the storybook is about. The introduction did a great job of explaining what the storybook entailed. I appreciate that the creator gave definitions at the beginning of the introduction. The writer did a great job developing the topic and catching my attention right from the get-go! I have always enjoyed fairy tales, so that is why I was initially drawn to this storybook. The overall design of the pages is simplistic, which I believe is preferable when trying to navigate through a story. I also liked the color scheme, it is easy on the eyes, and I reminded me of reading from an actual book. The writer also used the author's notes, which was nice to see at the end of each page. The author's notes helped tie her fairy tales to the original story.
The next storybook that I stumbled upon was Ghost Tales of a Traveller. This caught my eye because I LOVE scary stories. The most interesting part of this storybook is that it was done as a personal narrative. It reminds me of the Nancy Drew stories. The first person perspective is an idea that I would like to think about using. I had a lot of fun reading these stories, they were chilling. This storybook also included author's notes that explained the changes from the original story.
The last storybook I chose was titled Dungeons & Decisions. This was an interesting title because the introduction said that you get to make your own decisions. I thought this was an interesting aspect, and I am fond of the topic in general because I enjoy role-playing games. I have heard of the game Dungeons and Dragons, but I have never played it. This was a super creative layout for the storybook! I like this style just as much as I liked the narrative style of the Ghost Tales of a Traveller. It was fun to go back through and make different decisions to see how the story changed.

Overall, these stories were immaculate! I am so excited to start this project and let the creativity flow.
This picture is from the Ghost Tales of a Traveller storybook. (Yuki Onna (Snow Woman) Web source: Maz Wahyu's Blog)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Story: Pinky and the Snake