Reading Options



The UnTextbook is a very interesting and unique idea. I feel like I have gone through all of my academic years always being so worried about plagiarizing, yet this class finally gives an opportunity to re-create stories without being worried about reproducing them. This is so exciting! My aunt, mother, and brother will love to hear about all these stories, and then read my re-creations! Exploring the UnTextbook I ran across a lot of stories that I would like to read and re-write. The three stories I chose today were Beowulf, The Life of Buddha, and the Brothers Grimm (Ashliman). I chose Beowulf because it is one of my favorite stories. I know that most have probably heard of it, if not read it, and if not, I hope that someone stumbles across my post and feels inspired to read it. The next choice I picked because I am interested in Buddha and I have not taken the initiative to actually read anything about him. Interestingly, I actually found a book on Buddha, however, I never opened it. Lastly, I chose the Brothers Grimm because I used to have this lovely storybook (I mentioned in a prior post that a dog ate it...grrr). I have already settled on re-creating one of the Grimm stories, or two, or three...hehe. Also, I look forward to reading other student's stories that they have created. It is always fun seeing other's creativity.
(Rumpelstiltskin. Source: Wikimedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Story: Pinky and the Snake