Wikipedia Trail from Czech Folktales to

In one of the readings in the Czech Folktales Unit, I came across the story of the Waternick. I was a little confused about what this creature was, so I decided to look into it today. It is a creature that can be found in other fairy tales. It is also called a Vodyanoy. I thought it was interesting that it is said to be a creature with the face of a frog and a naked old man's body. I thought it might look naked because it's always in the water.

This picture of the vodyanoy by Ivan Bilibin led me to click on Bilibin's name.



The interesting thing that I found about him was that he co-founded the Union of Russian Painters.  I really love to paint and draw. Ever since I was a child, I have always enjoyed staring at a painting, I can get lost in them for hours!

Anyways the Union of Russian Painters link led me to somewhat of a dead end, meaning that it broke the continuous flow of my wiki-trail..grr. However, I searched it in wikipedia and found a page with a List of Russian landscape painters. I chose this page because I have always preferred to draw and paint landscapes. I also find that they are some of the most beautiful painting, with almost too much detail to keep up with!

This led me to my next page of a painter, Victor Borisov-Musatov. And I would like to share his self-portrait, something that I have never been able to accomplish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Story: Pinky and the Snake