Reading Notes: Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales and Stories, Part A


For the last reading selection, I chose to read the Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales and Stories. Hans Christian Andersen is a popular author that I have been very fond of my whole life. I always preferred his writings over the Disney adaptation, although those are fun too. I especially wanted to read this unit because The Little Mermaid is one of my all time favorite stories and I thought it would not hurt to get some ideas for the last story in my project; however, that story is in part B of this unit. For part A, I read The Princess and the Pea, The Emperor's New Suit, The Brave Tin Soldier, The Wicked Prince, and The Little Match-Seller.


I have to say that I really enjoyed these stories, even though some of them were little confusing at times. The Princess and the Pea is such fun story to read, the only thing I do not like about it is that it is not longer, but I also appreciate how concise it is. I thought the "test" that she had to go through was very creative. I think that would be a fun story to recreate, which I will probably do my last story using The Princess and the Pea as my inspiration.


I also enjoyed reading the Brave Tin Soldier. I really like the how it was a tragic love story. The way reading it sort of plays with the reader's emotions is incredible. This story is relatable in many ways. For one, how the tin solider realizes that he is not like the others, he is an outcast, yet he still finds hope and happiness in his ability to relate with the dancer in the castle, who seems to be just like them. It kind of reminded me of Romeo and Juliet because they are practically forbidden to be with each other, but in the end, they end their own lives so that they can be with each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Story: Pinky and the Snake